- October 30, 2016
- By !Han53ns@
- In RACQ, Repairs
RACQ has been helping people since 1905. When it comes to Motoring, their Members come to them for expert advice and help. Becoming an RACQ Approved Repairer means that RACQ has given a mechanical workshop the stamp of approval, recommending the business to its Members and the general public as a reputable workshop.
The RACQ Approved Repairer Network has been running for almost as long as RACQ itself. Early on, Members of the RACQ wanted recommendations for reliable repairers who they could trust to carry out automotive mechanical repairs on their vehicles.
Now there are over 300 repairers across Queensland that form the RACQ Approved Repairer Network.
To be considered as an RACQ Approved Repairer, a business must:
- Have all the necessary facilities, equipment and qualified trades people to complete the repair or service to the highest possible standards,
- Be willing to abide by the RACQ Code of Practice and Code of Conduct,
- Participate in annual reviews, including regular inspections of the business operation and premises.
If the repairs are found to be defective in material or workmanship during the statewide warranty period of 6 months or 10,000km, the parts will be replaced or appropriate rectification work will be performed free of charge at any comparable RACQ Approved Automotive Repairer. There are currently more than 300 RACQ Approved Automotive Repairers across Queensland. The warranty only covers repairs carried out by an RACQ Approved Automotive Repairer, if an existing problem or new problem unrelated to the repairs is found this will not be covered under this warranty. Keep your receipt in a safe place for any warranty claim.
The warranty does not cover:
- refunding of money
- known faults prior to original purchase you have ignored repair advice provided by the original repairer
- repairs that have been modified in anyway
- subsequent repairs that have been carried out after the original repair
- damage arising from fire, excessive heat, floods, wreckage, explosions, freezing, abuse or neglect.